Optimism 2021
Fully clothed, and unprepared for the sting of the cool sensation, I am the kind of girl who will jump into a lake at midnight if you challenge her to do it. Megha never says never, and especially not to a moment that she would regret not experiencing. No matter the situation at hand, I have always found a way to smile and spread my positivity to the people who need it most.
Curious and impulsive, I have been bold from the moment I was born. In fact, my first word was "no" which was quite a daring thing to say to your parents who constantly provide the world for you. But honestly I never learned to stop saying it: I am the same picky Megha as I was when I slipped out the word “no” at 12 months old, but I like to think that even in moments where I question my capability of accomplishing my aspirations, what I desire remains clear to me. I never want to stop experiencing: I want to be curious. The lust for spontaneous adventure burns inside of me. Despite my boldness leading me in life, I have often encountered people who don't appreciate it. I’m often deemed as “intimidating” or “scary," which is a little painful to hear when you're someone who enjoys being around people. But to me my boldness, independence, and lust to discover more has taken me far.
I'm not too sure of what will come next for me, but I do know that whatever it is will take me somewhere where I am surrounded by something new everyday. Somewhere where my bright outlook on life will be shared by those around me. Coming into 2021, I promised myself that I would view the world with more optimism, and so far, I have excelled in this.

Really cool blog post. I like how you are always ready for a challenge and not afraid to say “no” at the same time. It really shows your complexity between your openness and pickiness.
ReplyDeleteI too am somtimes deemed intimidating and scary...which both hurts and blows my mind at the same time...so I feel your pain.
ReplyDelete