The Pointy Scapes of my Dreams

My 2007 Honda CR-V has come to a stop, and opening the door is a familiar face, my best friend Esha. In my conscious mind, I’m reflecting on how the figure represents someone I know and I am close to. It used to be a blob of gray matter whom I felt the dearest form of affection for that entered. Already in the backseat resides a girl whose face is a depressing grey facade. My heart burns with annoyance and a bloodthirsty anger for the girl in the backseat, but not for Esha. I’m uneasy: I feel like I carry the lives of this person whom I love so much and one who riles a deep and rotten hatred in my heart.


We start our journey in a wide open prairie where the grass is greener than green, and cones, the size of 4 cars, are stacked, with hard points protruding from the grass. I continue driving along the dirt road coming to a stop in front of a forest, (where a sunny sky but yet a promise of rain prepares to fall) filled with strange looking hybrid animals. The animals are grotesque mutations and conjure more fear in my already ~characteristically~ worrying heart. The engine of my beloved car has come to a sputtering stop. This much was to be expected from the tired old machine that has been my mom’s companion for fifteen years now. I get out with the tenacity to glue the rut together, but I feel a horrible energy enswathe my body instead. I turn around and see yellow teeth gleaming at me and hands that are coming at my neck too fast for me to move away from harm.


I let out a scream, but I know who the monster is. The girl in the backseat.


And my recurring dream had come to an end. Over time, different aspects of this dream have developed and I have noticed new things. At this point, the progression of it has led me to a realization. My emotions control me, both positively and negatively. I’m just like Frankenstein’s monster - I love too hard but hate with the same passion, and my hate will come back to bite me in the end… when I need love to support me the most.

Comments

  1. This was a fun read. I like the way it was stylistically written. It maintained the same focus on nature that Shelley has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy the detail that you put in this writing. The mention of the sunny sky but the proposal of rain nearby helps immerse me into the story and increases my overall enjoyment while reading.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts